Oh hello! Long time no speak! Sorry for my rather extended absence. Storm has had croup, which was Not Good, but luckily she wasn’t poorly for too long.
I’ve not used one of their designs before, and I was pretty impressed. Quite a few of the markings on the paper pattern weren’t mentioned in the instructions, but I could figure out what they were for so, no matter.
The finished result is very neat (OK, neat for me) and I love the collar especially. I used some polka dot Lecien fabric and a smidge of Amy Butler I got as a remnant (I have no idea what it is – sorry).
The pattern did call for way more fabric than I actually needed, which I found a bit odd, but I am a canny cutter, and I didn’t bother with the bias trim for the edging, opting to cover up my slightly, erm, relaxed hemming with pretty velvet ric-rac instead.
I made the size for a 5 year old. It’s a bit big but she will grow into it (and boy is she growing!)
I also have the Oliver + S Jump Rope dress pattern so that might be next (once I’ve finished a couple of designs for actual work, ahem).